1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Vegas was wonderful. Then I got off the plane at MCI and felt like I needed a coat. Won't be in the 60s until sometime next week.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

We have a chance of snow Friday night in West Texas. Screw Austin.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Low will be in the mid-30s this weekend. Perfect drinking weather.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc, they've been calling it the Dogwood spring, not the blackberry spring, unless they're calling it both.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Hey now. I like West Texas. I just happen to love Austin.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

60s on Monday and Tuesday.

Today I had to walk to a doctor's. One block in I looked like I had been through a blizzard.

I'm looking forward to waking up at 5 a.m. on Satuday to drive to Orchard Park.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's been a little cloudy with highs in the high 70s to low 80s, mid to low 50s overnight.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is an unnaceptable weather alert for West Texas in April:

THE LEADING EDGE OF AN UNSEASONABLY COLD AIR MASS IS EXPECTED TO PLUNGE SOUTH FROM CANADA BEGINNING FRIDAY NIGHT AND LAST THROUGH SUNDAY. TEMPERATURES BY SATURDAY ARE NOT EXPECTED TO RISE OUT OF THE 30S TO LOWER 40S ACROSS WEST TEXAS...THE SOUTHEAST NEW MEXICO PLAINS AND THE GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS. IN ADDITION...AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE TRACKING ACROSS THE SOUTHWEST UNITED STATES WILL COMBINE WITH THE COLD AIR TO BRING A CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY. THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AS RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT...BUT TEMPERATURES MAY BECOME COLD ENOUGH TO SUPPORT A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW ACROSS WEST TEXAS BY LATE FRIDAY NIGHT. THE COLD AIR WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE AND FUNNEL SOUTHWESTWARD SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR MIXED PRECIPITATION CONTINUING ACROSS WEST TEXAS AND THE SOUTHEAST NEW MEXICO PLAINS...AND ALSO EXPANDING TO INCLUDE THE GUADALUPE AND DAVIS MOUNTAINS.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

As long as it doesn't rain around here, it can get as cold as it wants. NO RAIN!!!!!!

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As an add to my last post, they are now saying we are only going to get up to 32 on Saturday, yet it will be 73 on Monday and 83 on Tuesday. God, I hate the weather in West Texas.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

My weatherbug just went off on my desktop and updated itself and the weekend forecast:

FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 9 AM EDT SATURDAY, FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING, FROST ADVISORY IS CANCELLED.

And it's going to be like 25 that night. Gonna make huntin Easter eggs fun! :D

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

You can blame us in the Northwest for the cold front. It swept through here Sunday and Monday nights. Dropped to 17 degrees here. But now we're headed for 75 tomorrow (or later today, rather).

Draft saved Draft deleted