1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's fucking cold here after being in the 70s Monday and Tuesday.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

We dropped about 35 degrees in a day. Nice! :)

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I just drove through a snow shower/flurry to get to work. Damn. It's not supposed to be snowing in April.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Forecast was for 1 to 2 inches, none of it sticking to the pavement.
    FIVE inches on the ground AND pavement now. Scanner's going nuts with all the slide-offs on interstate and three major highways.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

It was 82 Monday, 50 Wednesday and windy as hell. Saw a few snowflakes this afternoon. And it's supposed to get colder, and I have a softball game at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow. And I can't find my f''ing gloves.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

What the hell am I bitching about?
    We need every drop of moisture we can get!

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Here, I've always heard it as "Don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it'll change."

70 degrees (or close to it) on Monday. Today, game postponed because of cold.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Blame Canada, Blame Canada it seems like everything's gone wrong since Canada came along.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Doc,
    A blackberry winter is a late-spring cold spell that follows the blooming of Blackberry vines.

Also the title of an outstanding short story by Robert Penn Warren that was in my freshman English American Literature anthology.

And the weather in Microville today is perfect, 70 degrees, light wind, more sunshine and mid-70s on Friday.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks, micro.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Not gonna lie, the weather in Austin today was pretty much perfect. It's going to rain this weekend, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted