1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No, I think that's from the cars.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, in Hondo's universe, if you mock or disagree with these nutbars, it's a "difference of opinion".

3. Don't call them stupid, though, you elitist scum.
    old_tony, you can reattach the ass that's been handed to you about CO2 any time. And you never did answer the fundamental question - do you believe that the overwhelming scientific consensus on the issue, and the vast majority of peer-reviewed literature on the topic, is all incorrect because they forgot to take into account the simplistic talking-points that you tossed out there?
    Straight from the talk-radio to you.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

God --> Rush --> Tony --> Us

It's a simple, linear equation, Fenian.

5. It goes from God to Jerry to you to the cleaners.
    Right, Kent?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

JR --> Fenian --> Doc --> We're always right. Disagree with us, and you're stupid.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Excellent. I was really hoping someone would pick up on that.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hondo, I rarely post in political threads. Try again.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Remain calm. All is well.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

That's the guy.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing I don't get. Let's take the enormous leap that Old Tony is correct and global warming is a myth. Why would it still not be a good idea to develop technologies that create cleaner burning fuel, better fuel efficiency, use fewer fossil fuels, etc. Where is the downside in creating a cleaner environment and, possibly (even if it's only a remote chance), slowing down the effects of global warming?

You can argue global warming is a myth all you want -- I'll agree to disagree on the topic -- but where is the downside on reducing emissions of chemicals into the environment?

Draft saved Draft deleted