1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Every time it's warm outside doesn't prove global warming is happening.

Every time it's cold outside doesn't prove global warming isn't happening.

I prefer to leave this stuff to the experts. It's far, far, far more complex than any of us could hope to understand fully. People dedicate their lives to studying it.

Yet some of us walk outside in a snowstorm and say, "Global warming. Ha! Stupid libs."

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Point well taken, PW.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As opposed to the people who walk outside on the hottest day of the year and decide global warming is real and man-caused?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No one said the world was full of smart people. It's just too bad the idiots breed.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Careful there FH, that's a Boortzian tenet, which will get you lambasted without end on here.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Burn up all the oil, chop down the rain forest, kill the whales and barbecue 'em over a charcoal grill.

No global warming, wooohoo!

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If the whale tastes like chicken, I'm in.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I believe that it was Pat Robertson that did this. And I agree, Pat Robertson is a complete moron.

What people fail to recognize is that there are regions and zones where certain plants grow during certain times of the year. The zones have shift. This has been proven. Plants that would never grow in NYC are now doing so. Since nature really is the best indicator, it only stands to reason those arguing that it isn’t getting warmer are just not informed fully on the topic.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Assuming that's true it doesn't prove global warming is happening. If it's getting warmer in NYC it is probably getting cooler somewhere else due to the zone shifting. That's not global warming. That's climate change.

Climate change is natural. It's been going on as long as the planet has existed.

10. Not. Like. This.
    The scientific consensus on that is overwhelming.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or so you'd like to think.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

You must find facts really inconvenient.

Draft saved Draft deleted