1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howie Carr is a douchebag

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter_Sobchak, May 3, 2009.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

2. Up until now I had never heard of Howie Carr, let alone read one word of what he's written. My, how I wish I could return to that time.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What Billy said. What a douche.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You can just hear Karma warming up its bazooka.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What do you expect from a baiting POS who no doubt still mourns the day Pumpsie Green became
    a member of the Red Sox? What can I say . . . there remains a market for trailer trash, even in
    dark, dank, murky corners of Bahstahn.

6. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Has Howie always been this subtle? Or is the brain damage recent?

8. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Two words I never wanted to see again after leaving Massachusetts eight-plus years ago: Howie Carr

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The world needs ditch diggers, too, Danny.

10. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Regardless of what one thinks of the situation, I don't see how you can put Terri Schiavo and "comedy" in the same sentence. Sad.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

No. It's long-standing. He's just a professional asshole (well, he may be one in his personal life, too. never met the man, so I can't say). Don't mind him.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I know that things are going to get worse before they get better, but this makes me wonder how the survivors are going to handle not losing their jobs or their papers.

Some people's bread and butter is incendiary writing. It's an unfortunate reflection on what we do.

Draft saved Draft deleted