1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howard Kurtz Exiting CNN For Fox News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BNWriter, Jun 24, 2013.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Saw no D-B here or elsewhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/howard-kurtz-fox-news-leaving-cnn_n_3472987.html

Any comment on this move...? I think Kurtz is a solid reporter and I think his move to Fox News can only improve their "News Watch" show (Maybe there will be less snark to it now if he has the hosting duties). I just hope Fox will give him freedom to criticize them when needed the way CNN did. Just hope the timeslot isn't one where Fox feels free to bury it (Sunday A. M. watching on CNN was great).

Looking forward to his last "Reliable Sources" show on CNN this weekend to learn his take on the move. Comments...?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As long as he treats every assignment like he's just stopping by on the way to somewhere else, it won't matter where he is, and he will continue to chip away at a reputation he worked very hard to build. But the money's good, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted