1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you like to be a college kid ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Jan 10, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

As a Tampa native and UF grad, top this:
    Bucs, Lightning, Gators (three titles) and the Tampa Bay Storm! All in the last 10 years.

Still waiting on the Devil Rays.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I was 14...The US women won, the Yankees won, the Stars and Spurs won. Hey, I was a bandwagon fan of the Stars and Spurs back then. :D

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got to enjoy the 49ers 1st win in '81 as a college freshman. Great partying. (then '84 too.) But the Warriors and the Giants stunk.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

.........worthless without pictures...........

5. Dammit. Beat me to it.

And any hack who has covered a game at Ben Hill Griffin will tell you the best 20 minutes of the day are the 20 minutes it takes to get from the interstate to the stadium. Scenery can be unbelievable. Not that I ever ogled your daughter SF. My wife (a frequent lurker here) would kill me.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And my favorite teams are the Maple Leafs, Phillies and Lions... no offense, but I hate your daughter...

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I didn't get to really experience one until the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. That was a long time.

Yes, Duke men's basketball won three national titles. But while I treasure those, that's my mother's school, not mine. My school did its winning before I got there. Figures.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Being on the south side of Chicago, my single-digit-age kids have a skewed view of White Sox history. As far as they know, they have a World Series-winning tradition.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State -- and only god knows why -- the Bucks.

Five titles in my lifetime...not too shabby.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Still basking in the glow of ’05. Refuse to remove from the bulletin board at work the Trib cover from the day after the Sox won the WS. It's starting to get really yellow, though.

I'm willing to lose a few digits and give up some bone marrow for another Bears Super Bowl victory.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Devils win Cup in 95, '00 and '03.

Rockies, nope. Never.

Vikings, nope. Maybe before I die (if I live to 100!)

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You're counting an NFC championship?

Draft saved Draft deleted