1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will Pelosi deal with the new socially conservative Democratic reps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

OTD. The middle between 1 and 9 is 5.

The midpoint of a decade is the start of the sixth year of the decade, and that exact number would depend on whether you think the new milleneum began in 2000 or 2001.

I know that left-wing ideology would have you say 3 on the first one (being that 1 on a numbers line is left of 9) is the centerpoint, but son, you're wrong.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Holy shit, what an unbelievable pill.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just another dumbass who has trouble finding out what is indeed centrist.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

You should go away completely. All you want to do is come here and bait people. That serves no purpose.

I don't like people like you who think they're smart-talking people into corners with these little games of no-matter-what-you-answer-I'll-have-a-response-ready. It's immature and unbecoming.

Quit parrotting O'Factor and Fattie's Fox-issued talking points and go read a book or two and come back when you can argue your beloved party's line with some depth.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I like the "they'll figure out it's a lot tougher to govern than it is to criticize" line. As if the damn Republicans have been running the show for a century or some shit.

Just stop. It's not that hard to govern. What is hard, though, is figuring out how to govern, do all the shady shit possible to make sure you and your base supporters rake in record amounts of cash and still keep your ass out of jail and in office. That's tough, as the Republicans in Congress will tell you.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Wow. Thanks for that advice. I'll take Chapters from the Proletariat for $50, Alex.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ben said "heel on your throat," and Hondo answered it. We'll give you a fucking break if you unpark your ass off of Hondo.

I haven't seen not one fucking thing that has helped the middle class (and I'm in the same boat with Hondo) from either party. So why would the change be any different?

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The Dems have a comfortable enough majority that this won't be a major problem. If they only controlled the House by 5 votes, I could see where Pelosi would have to tread lightly. But even if she loses 10-15 votes on some issues, she can still get her agenda through.

Draft saved Draft deleted