1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to turn around GM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 1, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I know a lot of people who work for GM. To a person, they almost all say the only way to turn around that company is to start with a match and a can of gasoline.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The only way to fix that company would be for someone to use a time machine and go back to about 1987.

Upon arrival, the speech would go something like this:

"Dumbfucks:

The cost of health care is going to rise significantly. Most of you think you are hot-shit analysts and cost projectors, so I'm sure you already know this. But I just thought I'd point it out."

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kill 3/4 of their employees.

I'm thinking about getting into corporate management, so I'm just getting in the right mindset. ;)

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Try adding a couple decades to the dial.

I ask anyone, whether they generally are pro-union or pro-management, if they have any experience with GM to tell me which side has its head buried further up its own ass. It's impossible. It's the worst possible situation to fix.

Draft saved Draft deleted