1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to tip movers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Apr 17, 2007.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I wouldn't tip unless they went beyond the call of duty.

It's different if you have movers. Then I'd probably tip at least 15 percent. Again, more for extraordinary service.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

20 bucks each is what I would do if the furniture arrived unscratched and they seem to have done a half ass job.

I just had trees planted and I tipped the guys doing it because the holes they dug were a ton of work and they looked like they were committed to a good job.

I figure if I routinely throw a few bucks at the pizza guy then 40 bucks to the guys who spend 3 hours in my yard doing grunt work is money well spent.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I had a few problems with what the final bill would be when I last moved. It kept going up and up and up with stupid things not previously mentioned. I felt pretty bad when they actually showed up with my stuff, though. It was a poor looking family -- husband, wife and 15 year old kid -- who were just subcontractors through the company that actually did the billing and were tacking on the extras.

I was pretty convinced before I met them that I wasn't going to tip them, but after I met them, I bought a couple pizzas and some pop for lunch, then gave them all the cash I had, maybe $30. I still felt a little bad, but at least it was better than nothing.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They probably would have preferred soda.

Draft saved Draft deleted