1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to tell you're raising a nerd

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 1, 2008.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How to tell you're raising a nerd: He can quote Saved By The Bell and talk about Paul Splittorff.

:D

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

willie wilson's snorted bigger shits than bob hamelin

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sadly, I played on an intramural basketball team in high school called the Fellowship. Yeah, that one. The captain wanted to get us each a character's name on the back of our shirts, but even I have my limits.

Anyway, I was more of a Monty Python nerd than a fantasy nerd. One of the happiest moments of my life (behind my wedding, the birth of my children, and Kiss on the Paul Lynde Halloween show) was being at a brew-n-view in Indy for a midnight screening of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, me and 150 other people reciting every line. That would have been too much nerdship even for Rush fans.

EDIT: Yes, I didn't date much in high school, why do you ask?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Touche.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sometimes two at a time.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Fellowship? Did you play us?

Our intramural team, comprised almost entirely of those with pigment somewhat north of albino and with skillz to match, was called White Lightning. But the dipshit teachers banned the name because they thought it was an alcohol reference.

Faced with a conundrum, the only non-white member of our team was the least athletic black person this side of Lamar Lutrell and he knew it, so he suggested we call the team the Inkspots. So Inkspots we were, a blatantly racial name being okey-dokey with our teachers.

We dominated our way to last place.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

WB - I totally missed the Songbird thing - not a CFB guy. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but to be honest, the Royals-jack was probably good for the thread.

North?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hence the joke.

Lord.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Was that at me? I'm confused.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes. It was.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And true nerds say, "wow, cool pic of the dude who played Chief O'Brien on Star Trek!"

That's right: I started the Geek thread. Wherever it is.

Is that from one of the trilogy of Irish films he was in, including one which depicted he and his buddies going to the 194 World Cup?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted