1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"How To Love Baseball Again"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 3, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Far be it from me to bash someone with a much better resume than I have, but I wasn't impressed.

"There's beer. And warm weather. And I dreamed about tits." Meh.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Find a hotel at the 101-202 interchange and you've got five parks/complexes - Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Salt River - hosting six teams - Angels, A's, Giants, Cubs, Rockies/Diamondbacks within about a 10-15 minute drive.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ah, just ask Letterman how his affairs are going. That'll shut him up pretty fast. Probably ranked racing among the top four, which he would given he's a car owner.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Story reminds me of how I perceived baseball when I was seven and how I perceive it now, which is less favorably.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did you dream of tits when you were 7?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have never been less interested in major league baseball, at least not since I was 8 (in 1965) and obsessed only with astronauts.

I think fantasy league may be somewhat to blame. I don't play anymore – stopped after I got married and took new job – and most of my interest was tied up in that.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Oh yeah. Real early bloomer.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I find the brand of baseball being played over the past two or three years has really reinvigorated my fandom. If baseball could figure out a more equitable system of revenue sharing, it'd instantly hop above the NFL on my totem pole. I love the game of baseball more, but I like the NFL's set-up much better as a fan.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I love the game and I hate VORP, WHIP and other such siliness. I noticed Netflix added Ken Burns' Baseball to Watch Instantly.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I will look at VORP and Whip but my passion for baseball comes from the Ken Burns view. The emotional, lyrical story that Jones so eloquently writes about.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"I daydreamed about tits for awhile."
    "Baseball, please don't fuck this up."

Is this what passes for an "emotional, lyrical story" that is "eloquently" written? Jones may be a hell of a writer and he might post on this site, but let's save the fellatio for some of his better pieces. This wasn't one of them.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yep, less there than meets the eye. But I think we can all agree that things go better with tits.

Draft saved Draft deleted