1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to insult someone from (name of state here)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 25, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I just thought of one for my home state: Periland.

Time will tell how much fail I reek of.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Well, there ya go, Fishbulb.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

People have trouble with Camas? (besides the smell of course :D)

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

To insult anyone from Indiana is easy. Just remind them that they're from Indiana. Works every time.

5. duckncover

duckncover Member

Yo mama is so ugly, she couldn't get laid at a PRISON in Alabama.

Wait, did I miss the point?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You can insult someone from Ohio by calling them a Hoosier.

7. Beachey

Beachey Member

When I was going to college in Upstate New York, we used to refer to guys from Long Island as FLID's. Joey Buttafuoco was the archetype.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Yeah, but it's still hilarious

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fair enough. From now on I will refer to it by its proper name -- Pennsylvania's turd.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

"Damn 'Zonies!" A San Diegan's rant on the Arizonans who come over in the summer and drive like idiots by the beach.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Not uncommon to hear northern New Englanders (especially from Vt.) call Boston/Connecticut folks "flatlanders."
    And, yeah, in Indiana, Hoosier is a point of pride. In St. Louis, it means redneck. I'm always curious what Indiana folks in St. Louis, especially those who went to IU, think of that.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

People from Indiana, at least in the parts I've lived in (I've lived within 60 miles of Indy my whole life, but I've lived in all four cardinal directions from Indy), usually put the suffix "-tucky" on the most backwoodsy town in the area.

Usually, that backwoodsy town is farther south than you are.

I've heard of Clovertucky (Cloverdale ... which probably has earned it), Martinstucky (Martinsville, which has a reputation as a big Klan town), Greentucky (been used to refer to any of the Greens -- castle, burg, field, town, wood), Rushtucky (Rushville).

What's usually funny is people from Greentucky (Greensburg) will make fun of people from Rushtucky (Rushville).

Draft saved Draft deleted