1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to grow a sustainable web brand.

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by TomsSportReport, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hi guys. A good friend said to go here for my questions so ill give it a try..

I just launched a new site: http://tomssportreport.com this is a continually updated onepage sportsnews site, (you can say its the "drudgereport of sport").

What im looking for is a way to grow a sustainable web brand, reach journalists, bloggers, online/offline news organizations, interested in my my field. Im going to use "pieceofcakepr" for PR next week but what else should i try?

How would you promote it? Remember this is a one page news aggregator site so no seo posts/articles/pages.. Thank you for your valuable time and any help is much appreciated.

Btw, before you start bashing my basic and ugly design i just want to say that i focus 99% of my time on updates from thousands of sources online and will continue to do so for many years to come. This is a brand new site but not my only site, ive been a fulltimer since 2008 but never promo a site like this.

2. How do you afford the rights to photos?

3. It's easy. You just right click, hit save as...

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm just going to stand over here and watch this..

...I like to watch.

5. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it.

Good luck and see ya out there.

6. Do any of these blogs pay for photos? There is a first time for anything, right?

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just tag "Teen Miss Delaware" in all your posts and you'll be fine.

8. Yes, we pay for ton of images every week for our sites.

Draft saved Draft deleted