1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with fighting women drama

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, May 27, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So you think it's the timeline and not the groom that's making her freak out? :D

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Rhody, I have never shoved one of my friends. Never been shoved by one of my friends. Never listened to a friend vent about an argument with a third woman that involved shoving. You may carry that out to however many levels of Kevin Bacon you want, you're still not going to find any shoving.

I don't know what's considered normal behavior in your circle, but I would seriously think about whether I want the mother of my children to some day be saying, "The four-year-old didn't clear the table right away when I asked him to, so I put him into the wall."

3. You know Rhody, a perpetual state of drunkeness for the next 11 days will make this all go much smoother ;D

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's still time to hit the eject button.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You are obviously a much better person than most. My friends and I have been involved in several drunken fights - shoving, wrestling, no firsts - and we managed to put them behind us. Like I said - or should have said - in the original post, there was a lot that led up to the incident. She knows she was wrong and knew it right away. No one is perfect.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When you tell a dork to give you money, he/she is supposed to give you money.
    Knocking a dork down for refusing to abide by the rules is perfectly acceptable.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Had I had some of my rootbeer in my mouth when I read this, the monitor would've been coated in it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I too am concerned about the shove...wondering if you can elaborate on the type of shove, velocity, etc. Are we talking about two hands on the shoulders, full impact splatter into the wall? Or a milder hand to arm, as if to say, 'knock it off or i will put you through the floor?'

I think we also don't know enough about the bridesmaid's crime....while i am with waterytart on the general concept of no shoving unless you are playing a recognized sport and then only when the ball is in play, there are a few instances where it's not only accepted but probably required.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm working with the assumption that the bride is cool and the bridesmaid is a dork.
    That's context in which this all makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted