1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with fighting women drama

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, May 27, 2010.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

So last weekend my wife to be got in a minor altercation - she shoved one of her bridesmaids, who happens to be my best man's wife. There was a lot of pent up anger and frustration with this girl that led up to it and it peaked when the girl supported some scummy french canadian dude who wouldn't leave the hotel rooms the group of 10 were staying at after my fiancee asked multiple times.
    It led to typical girl drama and my fiancee was very remorseful, but this friend is the type of person who likes to be the center of attention and makes everything about her, which obviously doesn't go over well when the bachelorette party and wedding planning is about the bride. The girl also isn't a fan of the fact that my fiancee has slowly become pretty close friends with one of her college friends and she always gets possessive about which friends can talk to who.
    Anyway, the girl tells my best man about it and she wants us four to have a sit-down conversation about what happened. I have a feeling myself and my buddy don't care because it's ridiculous because as guys, we fight all the time and get over it in about 10 seconds when we realize the stupidity. For whatever reason, my guy friends and I are able to put up with each other's shit and we know each other's faults and deal with it. Girls don't do that.
    My problem is I don't know how to explain to my fiancee how to deal with it. Being a journalist, I want to hear both sides of the story and hear from parties not involved before I make a judgement. I do this with a lot of arguments and it drives my fiancee crazy.
    I just want to talk to her, calm this whole ridiculous situation down and make sure the next 16 days go by without any uncomfortable moments.
    Of course, all this could be a moot point, because Thursday night I'm headed to my bachelor party, where I'm sure my best man I will figure something out and how we can make these two calm the fuck down.
    Any advice - especially from the women of SJ - would be appreciated. For more, please PM.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You should punch the bridesmaid in the face.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Then upper deck her. Or have your wife do it if it makes her feel better.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Foursome.

You could try and be rational and talk it out - but perhaps the best thing to do is for you and your best man to do something stupid that will piss off your fiancee and the bridesmaid so much that they'll end up more angry at you two than they are at each other and patch their relationship up. Something like mentioning that your best man is hiring a former girlfriend of his to strip at your bachelor party should do the trick.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Wait...you have a wife and a fiancee?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I guess I'm curious as to why your fiancee is friends with this bitch in the first place, let alone why she asked her to be a bridesmaid.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you are actually trying to get both sides of the story instead of unquestionably backing your wife and supporting her 100% you are an idiot and sleeping on the couch for the next two months. Who cares if she's wrong. No crime has taken place. You are on her side no matter what in this one.

8. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

If you are actually trying to get both sides of the story instead of unquestionably backing your wife and supporting her 100% you are an idiot and sleeping on the couch for the next two months. Who cares if she's wrong. No crime has taken place. You are on her side no matter what in this one. (Sorry, I don't know how to do the blue shadow text.)

Yikes! Who cares if she's wrong?

I don't think she was really wrong in this case, but does this mean that he couldn't tell her if he indeed thought she was wrong yet still back her? My 23-year marriage must be a total sham.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Exactly right.

Yeah, it's stupid, but she's pissed and probably especially emotional and stressed out right now.

If you don't take her side 100%, you will become the bad guy. You don't have to encourage her anger, but you can not 'try to see the other side".

Your fiance is right. The other girl is wrong. Even if she isn't.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Balls to that. I wouldn't even have considered marrying a woman if she couldn't handle being told she was wrong.

Have fun with your lies, guys. I'll stick with the truth :)

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You didn't mention how SHE wants to handle it. Does your fiancee want to talk about it? Is she waiting for an apology from the other girl?

Probably not a good time to do that thing that drives her crazy. She's about to marry you. She needs to know you have her back, and not investigating her behavior so you can form a judgment.

Let your friend deal with his wife. You're about to get married....you and your fiancee have bigger things to focus on.

12. The fact that the bridesmaid wants to have the sitdown tells me she wants to be the center of attention (again). My advice is to say (to the best man and the bride), it's over, we've moved on, unfortunate result of pre-wedding jitters. But do NOT dredge all this up again. He can tell his bride he takes her side, but to get through the wedding, this is the best approach.

Most importantly, do not let the bridesmaid hijack the proceedings. That is not the memory you want your wife to have of her wedding day.

Draft saved Draft deleted