1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with a breakup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedHotChiliPrepper, May 29, 2006.

1. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

There's a google video out there. Some British chick is talking to her boyfriend on video phone before going to bed. She supposedly just got out of the shower.

Ends up she was cheating on him right there. The guy walks into the room, sees her on the video phone and quickly turns around.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I need more friends like you -- the kind that will give me a serious kick in my ass when I need it. Unfortunately, I'm that person among my friends, so there's rarely anyone to do it to me.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dr. Phil ain't got shit on me. I'm in the wrong line of work.

I must say, 21's advice was awfully good, too.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know this guy who found out his wife was fucking around. He took care of it in the best way possible.

He walked her out of the house at the point of a loaded gun and told her if he ever saw her again he'd blow her fucking head off. And she wasn't getting the kids, so she ought not even think about it.

That was it. Apparently she didn't even show up for the divorce and custody hearings.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The kids are much better off with a dad who aims a loaded gun at people who cross him. Kudos to him. Threatening to blow someone's head off is THE way to solve a problem. I'm jealous of those children and all the superb fathering they are going to get. And as a bonus, they don't get to see their mom. Standing ovation, this guy handled it the right way.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Now I know how to handle the "When coaches don't call" situation.

Can't wait to see Coach Bubba simultaneously shit in his pants and dribble tobacco juice down his chin when I bust out my piece and say "I emailed you last week about that updated JV softball roster, MUTHAFUCKA!"

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Some people can handle rejection better than others ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

All good advice.

The dude who walked out his wife with the loaded gun certainly doesn't win Father of the Year honors, but he knows how to make a clean, permanent break, that's for sure.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hell, he showed more restraint than I probably would have. Just saying.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How are those kids doing, without a mom?

I bet it was pleasant for them to see their father pointing a loaded gun at their mommy's head. Kids exposed to that tend to grow up to be the most well-adjusted, research shows.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I honestly can't say how the kids did growing up, because this was about 20 years ago and it's a story I've heard passed down through the ages.

As far as I know they did end up seeing their mom from time to time. I was also told the kids weren't actually present when this incident apparently happened.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

moddy, that's great advice. i don't know what's more impressive -- that advice or that he called you at 3 a.m. when life dealt him what - at the time and to him - seemed like a crushing blow. i have a good relationship with my dad but he's not the first person (or second or third) i'd turn at such a time.

Draft saved Draft deleted