1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to cover the A-Rod/C-Rod/Madonna/Lenny story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Johnette Howard is the worst columnist in all of the metro NYC area, I'm constantly amazed that she keeps her job. She has NOTHING intersting to say on any topic excepting the issues of the treatment of women in sports. She must have compromising pictures of Newsday management.

If this was a story regarding a lesbian athlete's sex life, she would be the first columnist screaming that it wasn't anyone's business. But since it's Alex Rodriguez she's out in front. What a hypocrite, what a shitty writer.

2. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

I don't understanf how dragging a pop tart and a guitar hero into the equation disguises anything. Not being sarcastic. I just don't understand.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I
    I think the point here is that (I believe) Madonna, A-Rod and Lenny Kravitz share the same agent. So, you have a situation where publicity (even if bad) is available for everyone. Lenny is on tour, so it helps him. Madonna is 50ish and banging a 32 year old, so she's the cougar, getting ready to go on tour, with a hot boyfriend. A-Rod is now "dating" Madonna, so he gets to hang out in Jeter's playhouse. And Cynthia, who won't amount to anything celebrity-wise after the divorce, except for maybe Flavor of Love, gets her two minutes of "she's hot enough to be dallying around with Lenny Kravitz" fame which may allow her to score a hot older dude in the next year. Plus, the whole story is so convoluted, no one makes out like the complete bad guy. There are no real winners here...just a lot of losers :) And, no, I'm not proud of myself.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

It steals the headlines.
    Instead of "Mrs. A-Rod divorces A-Rod" being the juice that people talk about, it's their involvement with Madonna and Kravitz. It's quite manipulative if true, for all people involved.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

A-Rod's been hypnotized, according to his trainer.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07062008/news/nationalnews/brainwashed_kabbal_player_118718.htm?page=0

He'd be in the gym and if a Madonna video would come on, he'd go into a trance," Romero said.
    And when A-Rod is driving in his car, he'll only listen to Madonna music, the trainer said.

Cannot make this stuff up.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Another graduate of the Brian McNamee School of 'I've Got Your Back, Let Me Just Twist the Knife as I Stab You In It.'

What is it about the trainers that they all have to testify, 'He was like a brother to me!'

About kabbalah: Last year I heard a rabbi give an awesome sermon on all the wannabe-Jews with the little red bracelets. Funny.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Update: The American people breathlessly await tomorrow's back pages, Mrs Arod to file for divorce on Monday.

Let's play 'You Write the Headline!'

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Splits-ville!

Fair Game!

All I got right now. Glad I'm not on deadline.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought for sure someone would say 'OUT AT HOME!'

We can do better, I know it.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Considering what her lawyers will ask for ...

Pay-Rod?

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Totally agree. And I haven't read an inch of these A-Rod stories.

That said, there is no Dimaggio story I am more fascinated by than the one about him leaving flowers on Marilyn's grave for four decades after she died.

Draft saved Draft deleted