1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to call someone out ... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DrownedRedneck, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

those words really did bring a tear to my eye. god damn, do i ever love me some spnited.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He never said the Colorado Springs paper did a story that he was on the Olympic team. Just said it did a story on him.

Here it is:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/move_37238___article.html/secret_chan.html

It was done before the trials, said he was the longest of long shots, didn't say he was a star at ODU.

I see nothing wrong with this story. But you also jumped to conclusions in your post that this thread didn't support.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nice get, IJAG, but I refer you to redneck's above post and ask you to tell me if that doesn't imply the Gazette published this guy's bullshit story.
    He has completely misrepresented what the Gazette story was. He deserves to be called out.
    DrownedRedneck is the one who is full of shit here.

4. imjustagirl

There you go, spnited. He said THAT ARTICLE included those particular misrepresentations. Then he said he's lied in other publications.

Sorry. No go.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

"The point is it's not just one paper in some small South American country.
    It's been in papers in Colorado Springs and Northern Virginia ... legit papers, too."

What is 'it'? 'It' in this instance does not imply merely a story on the guy, 'it' implies the same pack of lies that appeared in Guyana appeared in Colorado Springs and Northern Va. -- legit papers! -- as well.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well I don't know. That Colorado Springs article calls him scrappy, which would be the first time anyone used that word to describe a black athlete. So maybe they are full of shit.

7. imjustagirl

To me, it meant stories about the guy in which he misrepresented himself in terms of how good he was. I differ with the contention that happened in CS...but your argument was that CS said he was on the Olympic team...which obviously didn't happen.

So instead of doing a simple google search, you railed for no reason with no background other than inference.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here are the lies this wrestling douchebag told and Idaho television station:

http://www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp?s=8551064

Another load of BS he fed some guy who writes for USA Wrestling:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:bAE6yPT816EJ:www.usoc.org/11652_50253.htm+%22roger+stewart%22+olympics&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=13&gl=us

Boy, what an asshole.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. DrownedRedneck

DrownedRedneck New Member

Ok, that did make me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good.