1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How stupid does this @#$@#$@#$ think I am?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Dec 16, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

For the hell of it, I posted something I'm considering selling on craigslist. Guy quickly e-mails back asking the price. I send him an answer. I then get this back ...

Me? I'm thinking p-p-p-powerbook.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We really do need to make English the official language.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is why i've never bought or sold anything on ebay or craiglist...too much shit out there to worry about.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I've bought and sold on Craigslist . . . no problems. I only dealt with local people though. I might've been suspicious if some guy in Nigeria wanted to buy my lawnmower.

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

CL is a great place to find event tickets locally, instead of going through national brokers.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The thing with the FedEx account is a documented scam on Craigslist.

I've always found e-Bay to be very reliable as long as you go through PayPal. I just bought a car on e-Bay last week, no problems.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, those grassland savannahs need to be mowed sometime.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I've never had a serious problem buying on eBay...just use PayPal and make sure the seller has a good rating.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Not that I want to game the system or anything, but there has to be a cheaper way to sell a $200 item through eBay, then Paypal, as I'm currently doing.

If it sells for $200, then I need to pay eBay $3.30 (insertion — huh, huh, "insertion" — fee) + $6.65 (final value fee) AND appx. $6.60 taken out by Paypal once I get paid. So that's around $16.50 ... 8.5%.

Quite a racket they got going. Thanks for letting me vent.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Then paypal or than paypal? I am confused.

12. XXXX

XXXX Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT SEND HIM ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had the something similar happen to me on ebay. west africa is biginto credit fraud and scams. so DON'T EVEN RESPOND TO HIM ANYMORE.

Draft saved Draft deleted