1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How quickly I forget

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joseph K., Mar 23, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck you all, THOSE GIRLS TRIED HARD!!!

2. villageidiot

villageidiot Member

And because I get on here and bitch, you assume I do not do my job. Never assume, lad. Didn't they teach you that in journalism school?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Someone chose his name exceedingly well ...

4. villageidiot

villageidiot Member

Indeed, my friend, indeed.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was in prison while most of you were in J School.

The worry, I guess, is that attitude eventually leeches into the groundwater of your journalism.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Even Wendy the Whiffer, Ball-bootin' Becky and Groundout Gretchen.
    They give 110 percent.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

You have to cover a few blowouts if it's your coverage area's dominant school. But those three-inning games get you back in the office in plenty of time to take call ins from other coaches so it's okay.

8. Taking prep phone calls makes me want to abuse animals...

I don't mind prep football, basketball and baseball. You can have all the other sports. Roundups and features. Enterprise.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

But don't you love how all of the softball chants get stuck in your head for days??

Ole, ole, ole, ole
    Hit that ball the other way
    Our team is hot, hot, hot
    Your team is not, not, not
    So hit that ball, ball, ball,
    Over the wall, wall, wall
    OLE!

10. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Ahhh, I'm just thrilled to get out of the office.
    You know what, people still tell me, "Wow, you get to go to these games for free?" And it still hasn't worn off yet.
    Sure, there are those 28-7 games that are almost painful to sit through, but the 1-0 games with pitchers that I couldn't hit make it worthwhile.
    It's a bad day, nothing more, nothing less. Tomorrow might be better, and that's the appeal.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I miss the days when girls played slowpitch. Those games would be 13-11 and over in 45 minutes to an hour.

12. Taylee

Taylee Member

What's worse, a game like that or a two-day, 21-inning 1-0 game? Fifteen innings played one day, the rest played a week later.
    Have had two 20-plus inning games the last two years. I feel blessed not to have attended either, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted