1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How not to get elected governor of Nevada

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 24, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2006/oct/22/102210734.html

And here's the Wonkette take ...
    http://www.wonkette.com/politics/congress/candidates-please-drink-at-home-until-after-election-day-209603.php

Anybody care to guess Mr. Gibbons' party?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, don't be a stick in the mud. He ain't running for governor of Mississippi. What happens when you're campaigning in Nevada stays in Nevada. I bet our man the footsie player wins in a walk.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The current mayor of Vegas was a mobbed up lawyer.
    Getting drunk and groping a waitress is like a badge of honor in that town. Well not to all the Mormons who live there. So, best guess, he now loses.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

There are Mormons in Nevada?

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Vegas was founded as a Mormon settlement. The original building(s) is now a park. Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort historical site or something like that.
    Of course Jim Gibbons is a Mormon and he was the one drunk and pawing chickies up.
    Jim Gibson, the Democrat, is also a Mormon and has gotten, basically, the Church's endorsement.

7. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

The LDS church has long stated its neutrality in elections. The church has never, ever, ever, endorsed a particular candidate and never will. Members of the church are encouraged to review the issues at hand and vote for candidates they believe will best represent their values.

8. Kirk Fordyce would disagree, if he were still alive. And if Sig Rogich says it's a bad move, it's a bad fucking move.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He was set up. An operative follows him, calls the higher-ups, the plan is put into motion to send some hoochy cooches to the bar to *bump into* him. It's raining. They start drinking, and the wheels for chicanery are put into motion. Oldest political trick in the book.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I remember reading somewhere that, outside of Florida or districts where an incumbent was part of the coverup, the Foley scandal seemed to resonate more in Nevada than any place else. I'm still trying to figure out why.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've gotten drunk in that very same McCormick's, and all I'm askin' is ...

Why the hell wasn't he next door at the Del Friscos?

Who gets drunk at a McCormick's when they can afford the Frisco or the Morton's across the street????

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Does it matter? He's a fucking politician, 2mc. They're all the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted