1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How NOT to address a political leader. Miss Manners just fainted.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 7, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Excuse me, that's 13-year-old.

Thanks

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, that's what we're going to do ... country is in the best economic shape in decades and we'll put a Liberal back in power. Good plan.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

its also helped by the fact that we have President Stupid in charge, Flashie...

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Looks more like the Pope is going to nug the little retard under the chin.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Flash

Flash Guest

Sure enough. Hoping it all balances out because this city -- with all its money and opulence -- is getting to be a damned expensive place to live.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What's considered opulence in Canada? A double layer of flannel and two six packs?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm not all that futushed about "Yo, Harper!" However, anyone else notice that the White House had to issue an apology to Italy today? In a briefing packet distributed to the press gaggle, the admin included a bio of Italian PM Burlusconi -- one of the US's chief allies in the Iraq debacle -- that called him an amateur in charge of a corrupt government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/europe/7495754.stm

Six months. Six months. Six months...

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The White House apologized and say that section was mistakenly copied and pasted from W's own autobiography set to hit store shelves in January.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HOKKAIDO, Japan (Reuters) -- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper (R) and Russian President Dmitri Medvedev today hammered out an agreement in which Canada will purchase the Alaska Territory from Russia at a cost of $150 billion (Canadian).

Canadian officials later reached out to the Russian delegation seeking to void the deal after Harper was informed that Russia doesn't actually own Alaska anymore.

"A deal's a deal," Medvedev said. "He can work it out with the Americans. We want our damn money."

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

After nearly eight years, you'd like to think this wouldn't happen. But senioritis is a bitch at the end of eight years of college...

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . down the drain.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it's kind of silly, and foolish, and even ridiculous. But I still kinda dig it. I hate the formalness of all that shit sometimes. If I were ever elected to anything, which I won't, I'd be the least formal and reverent SOB out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted