1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Much Would You Pay For Mandated Health Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 17, 2010.

?

How Much Would You Pay For Mandated Health Insurance Monthly?

1. $300

33.3%
  2. $500

13.3%
  3. $800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $1200

6.7%
  5. Other

46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Cost is everything. Government interference and government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid are exactly why costs are out of control. Government interference in the free market is always something that will drive up costs. Can you name even one government program that ever solved a problem it was supposed to fix and didn't come in over budget?

When the goverment has a knack for having its programs come in at 10 times the promised costs, that's not a huge deal with a million-dollar program. With a trillion-dollar program it is.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Name anything the government has told us the cost of that has come out to match or be less than the actual cost. One thing.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I just want to see how long we can keep this thread open until the Master Lock.

I believe in us!!!

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's because those are public roads, and it's perfectly legitimate for the government to legislate how public resources are used.

If you wanted to drive on private property without insurance, that's your call.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How do you feel about treating the uninsured at a public hospital?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's up to the people running the hospital. Doesn't bother me how they decide either way.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Still waiting on the one government program that has met cost estimates, or come close.

If this was what was necessary for America, then why isn't it necessary for the people making the decision on it?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And why are the cowards who are pimping this plan afraid to actually vote on it?

9. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Paying a lot more than that.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

They are going to vote on it. More than one time, as it turns out.

11. highlander

highlander Member

That's also because auto insurance covers other people's vehicles that you might hit. Health insurance is an individual choice to protect yourself.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Why should I pay for anything? It's the government's job to force other people to take care of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.