1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Much Would You Pay For Mandated Health Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 17, 2010.

?

How Much Would You Pay For Mandated Health Insurance Monthly?

1. $300

33.3%
  2. $500

13.3%
  3. $800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $1200

6.7%
  5. Other

46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With new health care bill manndating insurance what is a realistic amount to charge?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Need more info. What's my co-pay for Oxycontin?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The government would have to lock me up in jail before they mandated that I purchase more expensive health insurance than I already have. I suppose $300 per month would be more than many single people on this site pay. I know it is significantly more than I paid for medical/vision/dental with Gannett.

Of course, that doesn't include co-pays, and other fees. I could imagine a lot of people getting very pissed off over this.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

It doesn't apply if you receive insurance through your employer.

Also there are subsidies on a sliding scale for people earning between 100-400 percent of the federal poverty level to help pay for insurance through the exchanges (which would give individuals a cheaper group rate instead of the costlier individual rate.)

I'm sure boom just forgot to mention that when he created this thread. The last thing he'd want to do is be misleading, because that would lead to a lot of angry posts and back-and-forth.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How much would you pay for mandated emergency appendix surgery?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd definitely shop around, compare prices. Maybe get a test surgery. You don't want to overpay in a case like that.

7. TheSportsPredictor

How much would you pay for a man date?

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

end well, this will not.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

All I know is that I'm tired of making that trip to Mexico for my HGH and medical marijuana -- both of which will be covered by Obamacare, I presume.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What happens if I choose to not have insurance through my employer? What if my employeer chooses to no longer provide insurance because I can get it through the government. What if I am switching jobs and don't feel like paying for Cobra for 1-3 months while I wait for new benefits to get in.

I don't like it. I realize the system needs to be changed, but I really would like the government to stay out of my affairs. I'll pay my taxes, but after that, leave me alone.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The problem is, in order for it to work and keep costs down, you really need everyone in. Or, you must play hardball with people who refuse to pay for insurance and refuse to treat them unless they pay cash up front.

12. TheSportsPredictor

What happens if your employer decides to stop providing health care coverage and you can't get it from the government?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.