1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work time do you spend on here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, Dec 27, 2006.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm just curious about how much time people spend on SJ when they're at work. I'm logged in pretty much the entire time I'm here. Especially on nights like tonight where I'm designing the section and waiting for stories to move I refresh the main page here to see what new threads have started or new posts on old threads.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I used to check it while I was at work, but I didn't spend a lot of time in the office. I was usually out at car accident scenes or researching a fairly big story I wrote for my paper.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I check in, sometimes without logging in, just to see because it happens pretty often that news hits here before I see it on the wire.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I find myself looking for funny things to read like "turning down a romp in the hay" .... if you haven't read it take the time to read all 53 pages because it's hilarious .... or like you said imjustagirl to see if news is here before it hits the wire

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Too fucking much.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Read and read and read and read at work. Post at home.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't work (except for occassional nights like tonight), but I post from school more than I should.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I used to log in here every day from work. I spent WAY too much time on here when I should have been doing something productive.

Now I log on from class when the lecture is dull.

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Once again... PLEASE keep this thread on topic... I will not ask nicely again.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm on the site the entire time I'm in the office, but only log in if I'm going to post something...

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Am I missing something here? All I know is about 10 posts have been deleted in the last five minutes. What's the deal? It was an honest question.

Draft saved Draft deleted