1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work has Lesley Visser had on her face?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 5, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

Yeah. that took Gutz...

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was watching the games last night with a couple other journalists and a network PR person. When Visser came on the screen, I audibly gasped and said "What happened to Lesley Visser?"

She's still beautiful, and she's always been one of my favorites although I've never met nor worked with her. And I hadn't seen her in probably a couple years. But it was still a shock.

And now that 93Devil mentions it, I think part of it was the hair. It's a cute cut, but not what I was used to.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at the post saying this was the kind of thread that gives SJ a bad name. ::) Mitch's ears, Loopy's height, whitlock's heft....nothing new.

It may not be kind to talk about it, but as ijag said perfectly, I'm sure a significant number of viewers looked up at Lesley and said, whoa, what happened there.

Lesley is (and has always been) a beautiful lady, and more important, she's a total pro. I wish the network would care a little less about her looks, because they're making her look too hard and overly-done. Instead of noticing her TV work, viewers are wondering about her cosmetic work (the hair was just weird), and that's too bad.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What scares me, 21, is that all this talk about it will only hurt Lesley while the studio suits say "Look, people are noticing how youthful she looks!"

It's a vicious cycle. I'm glad I'm in print.

5. Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

I still want to kiss her.

[had to be said]

6. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

I worked with Lesley while she was doing ESPN stuff at the Final Four in San Antonio ten years ago. Very nice woman and quite pretty in person. I've run into her periodically at Super Bowls since and noticed she's seemed to be getting some stuff done, but none of it was anything like last night. That was genuinely jarring - she could not move her face. I hope whatever caused it was not a permanent thing.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

GBNF,

I think people would have been less likely to jump all down your throat if you hadn't started previously stupid threads like "How much does Kim Kardashian weigh?" and "How come women aren't funny?" People have long memories here at SportsJournalists.com. You build your reputation with what you post. Each time you start a thread about a female's looks -- even if it's a legit question -- I'm going to be skeptical. And you should realize that's no one's fault but your own.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whoa is the operative word every time I see Candy Crowley in hi def - a total pro though.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. We have people talking about "dick of death" on here and THIS gives SJ a bad name? Oy.

Didn't see Lesley on TV this weekend. Haven't seen her in person in years. Just want to add another voice to the "what a pro" chorus. In my dealings with her, she's been exceptional. Lesley and Charlsie Cantey are two of my favorite TV people.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Blame the great sj search engine.

The same could be said for writers - see Tom Verducci

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Leslie Visser and Chris Mathews are prime examples of people who appear to have had "work" done to improve their appearance and anyone who gets on a journalism board and complains that pointing that out gives a journalism blog a bad name is living in the wrong era.

Leslie Visser makes high six-figures a year working a few weekends solely because she combines skill WITH appearance. If she only had skill, she would be making high five-figures working 50 weekends a year like most sports reporters on this board. She knows the drill; unfortunately some posters on here apparently don't.

I know the producer at ESPN who frequently calls talent on their appearance. And the talent he calls on the carpet for being too fat or too gray also know the drill. TV is an appearance-oriented business, and everyone working in front of the camera knows it.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I can't believe a plastic surgery thread is almost two full pages long and no one's mentioned this guy yet:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted