1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work has Lesley Visser had on her face?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

I just think that threads on people in the industry who may or may not have had work done gives the board a bad name. There are plenty of people who remember the board's past, when there were threads about best looking female reporter and ugliest male reporter.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It doesn't have to be a sexist thing... Frank Gifford has had face lifts, you can tell just by looking at him... The popular rumor is that Peter King had one of the stomach surgeries (but not gastric bypass).

If you're supposed to be good-looking and you're on TV and you're over 40, it's probably 50-50 that you've had some work done (women or men).

3. Mizzougrad96

I completely disagree... If you're on TV and you've dramatically altered your look (good or bad) you're fair game...

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

She may very well have had some (or even a lot) of work done since this encounter, but I shared a very crowded Silverdome elevator with her on Thanksgiving Day 1999, and I was actually impressed by how pretty she was in person and up close. And when I say up close, I mean up close. We were literally pressed together in a jam-packed elevator and she smiled at me and joked "Normally I'd press charges if someone was doing that to me." Lions owner Bill Ford Jr. was squished directly in front of her, so I'm sure if she wanted to file suit for illegal touching, she would've gone after the president of Ford Motor Co. and not the poor journalist.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

didn't my old friend les have a bad fall a few years back in which she broke several facial bones? or was her face not involved in that mishap?

sadly, due to the requirements to keep faces -- female AND male -- on tv often lead folks to undergo all sorts of unnecessary things. 'tis a shame but an unfortunate reality.

and i agree with those who argue that faces on tv are fair game to be critiqued on a change of appearance. it's not at all like critiquing a writer's style, imo. in tv-land, appearance is practically everything.

i also agree that les has always been lovely, inside and out, as well as talented.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well . . . when the Monday Night Football purge happened eight years ago and Dickerson and Stark were brought in as sideline reporters, Visser was forced out. She was quoted saying somthing to the effect of "I feel like my name is now Lesley Visser, 46, since my age has bcome such an issue." I'm sure someone has the exact quote.

If she has had work done, "work" by its very nature is "age-defying." So as someone who doesn't care either way, I still find it interesting if she felt like she had to have work done years after losing the MNF job, possibly because the show wanted to skew younger at the time.

EDIT: and of course I do need to mention that I think she's excellent, and always has been. Check out her wikipedia page for a possible explanation of why she may have needed work done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesley_Visser

And if you want to talk aout having work done, Bruce jenner looks like the face-stretching villains from Star Trek: Insurrection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, ESPN has some producer who harrasses the shit out of the "talent" anytime their weight goes up, hair falls out or any of the normal things that happen as we age...

It's one thing to deal with bosses, it's another to have them point out that you're too fat, too skinny, too bald, too whatever...

8. Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

My guess is not as much as has Richard Wolffe of Newsweek. He was on MSNBC this week and he looks like something the Borglums carved.

9. Mizzougrad96

It's always interesting when you see a sportscaster up close and the face is tight and pulled back thanks to numerous surgeries and it's resting on a turkey neck...

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bonus points for all Borglum references.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

That Elliotte Friedman needs no work on his face! [/imjustagirl]

(please don't hate me IJAG or Elliotte) :)

And to add to the thread, I saw Visser in a NFL press box last season, and she definitely had that tight-face-I-just-got-plastic-surgery look to her. But, she's still a beautiful woman.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I was shocked to see her.

Draft saved Draft deleted