1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much should I tip my pizza delivery guy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Same reason a hotel charges four bucks to bring food to your room AND tacks on a gratuity, only part of which goes to the delivery person.
    Because they can.
    Same reason they jack up the phone charges.
    Because they can.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just a little at first. Too much, too soon could tear, and no one will enjoy that.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

wow. just wow.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I don't tip pizza delivery guys.

Hell, the way I see it, by me ordering a pizza and him/her bringing it over, I just got him/her into an air-conditioned car with radio for 15 minutes while someone else was back rolling the dough and busting the suds in the kitchen.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've always treated delivery folk like the waiter at the local Chinese buffet.

A buck or two should suffice, unless the order is something massive.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JD's eyes went like this ... :eek:

I have heard such stories. Might make for an interesting thread someday. Of course, knowing this group I'm probably d-b'ing and we have one someplace in the archives that is Penthouse-worthy.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I usually tip around 2 or 3 bucks. Last time I ordered in a friend and I got some pizza and I paid $18 for a $15.05 bill.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think the size of the tip should depend on the amount of snot you want on your pizza the next time you order.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I hope after three pages write-brained has gotten an accepible answer to how much he should have tipped his pizza delivery guy.
    But my real question is why people feel a need to start threads like this. Only two people have to know or care what you tip the pizza guy -- you and him. Tip as much or as little as you want to or can afford to.
    It's not a big fucking deal.

10. You cut me deep, Spnited.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

you ordered in a friend but all you got was pizza? i woulda complained to the manager.

Draft saved Draft deleted