1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much grits do you need with these jowls?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 25, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Alabama boy kills 1,051-pound hog
    Posted by Associated Press May 25, 2007 2:37 PM

MONTGOMERY -- An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog killed in south Georgia in 2004. Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father -- www.monsterpig.com -- that is generating Internet buzz. "It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Jamison Stone's father is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," said Mike Stone.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

The Associated Press

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

Half a ton?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

it's always about the killin'.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And if you actually look at the time the two thread were started, you'd see that this one actually came first...

Literacy is a wonderful thing to have in today's society...

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

then i'll give it equal play:

the average horse weighs 1,100 pounds. you be the judge:

[​IMG]

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ah heck... doesnt bother me none... just like it when some newb tells me I pulled a db when the db was what done the db'in...
    fruity pebbles or pop tarts this mornin?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

slappy, it's all good dog.

and, btw, i actually gotta hankerin' for some bacon.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that ain't no 1,000-pound pig slappy. something doesn't add up with this.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep this in mind with the comparison to the horse -- longer legs and neck. more muscle...
    But yeah, a pig shouldnt be getting that long...

Draft saved Draft deleted