1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Bah.

$3.05 here, has been for a while. I do get a 10 cent discount next time I fill up, though, thanks to my $52 grocery bill at Safeway.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A month will bring it that much closer to election day... count on it.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I just saw a Gas For Less selling at $2.35. I have three-quarters of a tank though. :(

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Filled up last night for $2.32, dropped to $2.29 today.

Why do I think an oil company will be reporting some danger in the Mideast causing pipeline problems next week?

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wifey filled my truck at $2.38 this morning. Went back to the store this afternoon to see it at $2.28. Came out of the store, it was $2.26. Passed another gas station on the way home. $2.18.

I love the South!

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think $2.33 is the cheapest I saw today in NW Alabama, and that was at a place where it had been $2.36 maybe this morning.

7. busdriver

busdriver Member

O.k. how about 2.09 where I drive to work, But where I fill up is 2.23 and than on top o that I have one of those discount card so I am still paying less and I have a 15 gal. tank and my gas mileage sucks. and Dude in the urinal I would have at least gone behind the store. but to each his own.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Des Moines is running about 2.26. I talked to my mom over in the Quad Cities and gas is was hovering $2.75+ a few days ago.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

$2.31. And I love the South, too. I also love G.R.I.T.S. -- Girls Raised in the South.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

2.37 is the lowest I've seen, but I've seen reports as low as 2.27.

Unadvanced theory: Okay, last year Katrina and Rita helped jack gas prices to astronomcial levels (3.30 here, far worse elsewhere). When gas prices went back up from under $2 to around $3 this year, we were fearful that another rash of hurricanes would send prices even higher. Instead, we've had an unexpectedly quiet season (one cane that lasted 12 hours before being downgraded, though Florence is probably fixing to hit Bermuda as one).

Thesis: Oil companies control the weather (because they know that if gas prices get much higher than 3.30 as a national average, people get angry).

Forecast: Three Category 8 storms in the Gulf of Mexico in the next two weeks.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Glad to see I'm not still the only sucker out there. Same price in New York.

Draft saved Draft deleted