1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Down 13 cents to $2.99 in my part of Northern Virginia. Saw it in the $2.70s in Richmond last weekend.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Drove past a station in downtown Denver for $3.11 on my drive in this morning. It'll be under $3 pretty quickly here.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

saw 2.97.9 today at a Shell station, cash price

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3.04 central MD. Saw it at 2.99 after I had filled up. Dagummit.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's down to $2.69 and lower in some places here. I keep waiting for it to jump 30 cents overnight, but it hasn't.

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

No lower 3.16 in our part of NE Fla. We're trying to hang in there for the CEOs and speculators.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

$2.79 at a Circle K last night.

And the price will drop still more. WTI down farther to $81.78 per barrel, and that's after falling below $80 in intraday trading for the first time since June 2012.

The tinfoil-hat thinking is the Saudis are feeding the glut in order to drive the U.S. frackers out of the market.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And just as I suspected, prices went up this afternoon -- jumping from around 2.69 to 3.09. What gives?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

refineries will be raising their prices as wil oil companies to make more profit. It's called petro-capitalism

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I love Rhode Island. I really do.
    So yesterday morning I left my house pretty close to "E" and knew I was going to have to fill up. I figured I would try to push it into nearby Massachusetts since I was heading there anyway and gas is usually cheaper. I didn't make it that far unfortunately and had to stop at a station I know inflates their price.
    For context, the average price in RI right now is probably around $3.29 or so.
    Anyway, I go to a gas station off Exit 18 on 95 North. They wanted $3.69 a gallon.
    F**k that.
    I drive two exits down. Find a Hess that's charging $3.09.
    So a 60 cent difference in a span of about three miles.
    Like I said, I love Rhode Island.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We've crossed under the $3.00 mark at $2.99.9 at the two stations closest to my house. Driving around closer to the city I was seeing $3.12.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Saw 2.79 today.

Draft saved Draft deleted