1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many times you do see something and say, "I wish I could write that?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chazp, May 31, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

I not talking about something you've read in print. Let me give you an example of something I saw tonight. My wife is watching a TV show called, "So you think you can Dance." One contestant tonight had scoliosis, but he still danced so well, kinda a robot/break dance moves, it was incredible. All three judges gave him passing grades. What he did was truly stunning, but when you consider his disability, it's even more amazing. When he got done, the first thing I thought of was, I wish I worked at his local paper a day to write his story. How many times do you see things that make you want to feel this way, sports story or not.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

three times a week

though that number inflates when Jones decides to spend a bender over here.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Everytime I read Scoop Jackson.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Every time Simon Cowshitforbrains posts

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Not since USA Today shitcanned Larry King's column.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kids, let me tell you something: When Smasher_Sloan posts, I make sure to read it...You heard it here first: The Spurs are making the NBA Finals...If there's nuts on the brownie, I'm not eating it...Is there anything better than a golden shower?...That LeBron James is going to be a good one...

7. ESPN's David Aldridge is reporting that USA Today will soon drop Larry King's column.

8. If it's oatmeal, count me in.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

10. Dignan

Dignan Guest

That was funny.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I sit down to watch a flick with a bowl of popcorn and my favorite beverage (Tang ... if its good enough for Sally Ride, it's good enough for me) no actor spellbinds me more than the great Rob Schneider.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I always want to write about something I see, like the Stanley Cup Finals, and do the stories I know are good, but the people on TV or in the media haven't mentioned it yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted