1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many teams can you name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2009.

1. Got 121 of the teams. Missed the Ottawa Senators.

2. Faithless

Faithless Member

100. ... Got all of the NFL. I have a strategy that will make my score better next time.

I did the states test. Got 'em all in 2:08.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

117. Guess all those years of sorting baseball/football cards into team sets came in handy, for once. (And three of the five teams I missed didn't exist when I was still doing that.)

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

107. Got all the baseball and all but two football. Blanked on some NBAs I should have known. And man do the NHL expansion teams have some stupid-ass names. The Atlanta Thrashers? Columbus Blue Jackets?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

102 for me. Tougher than I thought it would be.

6. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

You said it. Doing 200+ agate pages a year finally proved to have some value in this world. Touched 'em all with 2 minutes to spare.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm really liking this site.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Perfect in 61 seconds.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Got all MLB, missed 3 NFL, 11 NBA and 7 NHL.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Got all 50 states in 1:40. Might have been quicker, but I was typing too fast and misspelled a couple. Unlike other Sporcle quizzes, you also have to put spaces between two-word names.

And if it's a geography quiz you want to tackle, this might be the mother of them all...the countries of the world. 195 of them, 15 minutes to do it. Good fucking luck if it's your first time.
    After way too much practice I can consistently get in the 190s, but there's always some dinky African country or south Pacific island nation that trips me up. Whenever I get them all, I always feel like I've climbed Everest. My best time for getting them all is just under 8 minutes. It was like pitching a perfect game.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/world.php

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

112 here. Stupid-ass NBA.

Got all the NFL and MLB, all but Ottawa/Columbus on NHL. (And Columbus doesn't even count, to a Michigan fan. :D)

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Been drinking - but got 117/122 second time around doing it by city missed the Blues, Bruins, Hurricanes, Red Wings, and Sharks.

Draft saved Draft deleted