1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many teams can you name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Amazed by the top scores here. I thought I was hauling ass, barely stopping through the NFL, NBA and MLB (sans one or two, which I thought I'd circle back to), started the NHL and looked at my time and had like two minutes left. Finished with 100 even. I bow to my superiors.

2. mb

mb Active Member

115. Fuckabuncha new divisions.

Finished MLB and NFL. Forgot about the farking Flames in the NHL and got my ass handed to me in the NBA.

Edit, to include NBA misses: Pacers, Grizzlies, Hornets, Blazers, Raptors, Jazz

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No way you type that fast. I type super fast and I got it in 2:18. And that's with taking 10 extra seconds to figure out how to spell Massachusetts.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

honest to goodness dude. I don't miss a state when the map is in front of me. I can name the entire country off the top of my head in less than 10 minutes (inspired by that Friends episode).

I got 47 of 50 capitals, missing on South Carolina (swore it was Charleston, it's Columbia), Montana (thought billings, it's Helena...dead to Sportschick!) and Oregon (thought it was Eugene or Portland it's Salem).

5. 115 teams.

1:18 on the states. If you know the song, it's super easy.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Forgot only the Detroit Tigers and Pistons, and St. Louis Blues.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I got 'em all. I knew a lifetime of slamming agate would pay off one of these days.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sonofa... I challenge you to a duel!!!

9. taller hack

taller hack Member

i can say the whole song in like 22 seconds, still took me 1:59 to get all the states. i blame my bad wrist typing position and having to backspace due to missed keys.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I can't type fast enough and spell properly with my laptop on my belly (repeatedly wrote "new yuork") ... 87. I'll try it on my desktop tomorrow.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fuck the Atlanta Thrashers.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

107. Got all the NFL and MLB, missed the Pacers, Nuggets, Bobcats and Kings in the NBA.

NHL doesn't count. Might as well ask me to name all the Double-A baseball teams in the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted