1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people have offered to shovel your driveway today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have been injecting 50cc of iodine directly into it every day for the past six months.
    So far, no shrinkage.

2. Just put a hat on it and tell people it's your conjoined twin.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Wow. And I respected your opinions on here.

I'm frustrated that these guys are drinking at 11 a.m. when I go to the gym. They're still drinking at 3 p.m. when I go to work and often are still there after 1 a.m. when I come home. They're battling 8-year-olds for shoveling work and putting my wife on edge when she answers the door and I guarantee you that tomorrow when the snow has melted they'll be back on their porch drinking away their shoveling money instead of trying to get a real job. If I thought for a second that the shoveling money was going to food, or heat, I'd have no problem with it. But it's not.

So Chris, I'm entitled to my opinions. These old men and their shoveling frustrate me and worry my wife. I wanted to share that on here. I let you and others on here have your opinions, no matter how much I disagree, without hoping you break your legs or calling you lazy and pathetic.

That you would hope I break my legs based on one anonymous message board post says more about you than anything you could ever say about me.

4. Just so we have it straight.

You don't shovel your driveway or walkway. I'm thinking we are all assuming that all of your neighbors aren't relying on solar power to do the job for them. The drunkie mc drunk drunks probably saw your home as the only chance to make a few bucks - one of the few or only unshoveled home in the neighborhood. You have the energy to go to the gym but not to shovel but you feel self-righteous when Mack and the boys come over to ask about shoveling the driveway?

Maybe Mack and the boys are as embarrassed by your unshoveled domicile as you are by their drinking?

What about the neighbors on either side of you who have to deal with both the drunks and the guy to lazy to shovel the walk for his wife? Can we start a thread about them?

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

No. No shovelers today. But a moose was kind enough to meet us at our front door while the family and I were eating dinner after a walkway had been cleaned to the front door.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

If my driveway needed shoveling, I'd do it. The fact is we didn't leave the house today and it'll be melted by tomorrow, so I didn't waste my time. Also, looking out the window, I see two shoveled drives and three not. So I'm hardly the only one who realized the forecast called for warm enough temps to do the job by tomorrow.

The fact remains: I would never call you lazy or pathetic for not shoveling your driveway, nor would I wish bodily harm upon you. That's because until you earlier today, I respected the people on SJ -- my peers in this industry -- enough not to do that, no matter how much I disagreed with them. Apparently that's a level of respect I can't expect in return.

7. Rusty - if I've offended you - then I apologize.

People who don't shovel their walks in my neck of the woods are looked down upon. That's the bias I'm coming from.

Like people who don't cut their grass or trim their hedges.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THE BOY SHOVEL YOUR WALK!!!!

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Never gets old.

10. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Thank you!!!! ;D

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What is this 'snow' you speak of?

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Wise guy, eh? This is the cat's-eye view out my front door right now...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted