1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you have a beard?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pffft, Jan 20, 2011.

1. pffft

pffft Member

A full-on beard. Not a goatee, mustache, fu-man-chu or anything like that.

It would not be a pretty sight if I tried to grow one.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We really will talk about anything here, won't we? Ah well. I'm bored. I keep changing. Went with a goatee for a while. I tried a full beard in my 20s a few times, but it looked like crap. It just didnt' fill in enough on the sides of my face.

I let it grow for the first time in years the week my daughter was born because I felt like using the excuse to not shave. To my surprise, it actually grew in nicely and I kept it for years. Just went back to the goatee, mostly because Mrs. OOP likes it.

pffft, if you're a young guy, maybe your experience will be like mine and it will grow in better as you get older.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Only during the NHL playoffs. Otherwise it's just a goat.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I have one. I keep it trimmed fairly close, but it's a full beard. Bright orange, too. My hair isn't so much red as orange.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I do, but I let her date if she's discreet about it.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've had one for more than 10 years now. I'd had one for five years and then shaved in March 2000 on a whim. Never again.

Last time I trimmed it was Dec. 16. My goal is to not trim it again until mid-February, though my wife has already been dropping hints. I think she's worried I'll try for a full Keisel or something.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Our press foreman cuts his hair and shaves his face once a year.
    He looks like a hobbit right now, so I am guessing his "once a year" is coming soon.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I only have a mustache.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I always figured facial hair was God's way of throwing ugly guys a bone.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That might be a sign that yours is getting out of hand. Kiesel must be having a hard time even eating through that thing at this point. I worked with a photographer once who used to call goatees "flavor savors," but he wasn't talking about food.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Only in my wildest dreams.

And Ace, that's the line of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted