1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How lazy are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can actually go a couple thousand more most likely, depending on the age of your car.

I bought a new car (2007) one year ago this month and the manual says oil changes should be every 7,500 miles.

No where in the manual does it say every 3,000 miles. I think that's a number for the oil change companies to try to get more business.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm not sure if that applies to my ride, a 2000 Cavalier with 190,000 miles.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You can get away with 5,000 to 7,000 if you do a minimal amount of city driving.

Stopping-and-going frequently? Making a bunch of 0.6-mile trips? I'd say get it done close to 3,000.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's not like this is a small parking lot that fills up and you have to park on the next block. And it's not like this broad has a van full of kids. Two kids. Two. Once to surprise my daughter I brought her brother (still not 2) during a downpour. Handicap spaces were plenty, but fuck man, how the hell can you park there while being able bodied and not be a lazy bitch?

Oh, and she leaves the van running. With the kids in it. Standing 50 feet away inside.

5. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

I've never parked in a handicap spot, but I've often used handicapped stalls in the bathroom. In fact, I seek them out. Lots of elbow room, you know? My question: Is this worse/better/same as parking in a handicapped spot? I really don't know.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If it's the only open stall, I say use it. If there are other open ones, I'd stay away from the handicapped one.

I was in a packed airport bathroom a couple weeks ago and I saw a handicapped gentlemen waiting to use the handicapped stall. He seemed to glare at the guy when he finally exited, but if it's the only stall in a teeming airport?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You don't get fined 500 bucks for dumping in a handicapped stall

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have a handicap pass for a knee injury and I don't even use it because I feel like some old lady might fall and break a hip because I couldn't fight through the pain and walk 30 more feet.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's what the wife does. The death glare. And yet, the assholes never seem to flush. And it's after they've taken a Thai-food induced power dump. Poor wifey :'(

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I always flush. :D

I don't blame those who need the stall for glaring if someone else is using it. But if it's the only one open and nature is dialing 9-1-1? I don't blame those folks either.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My car's a 2001. It's had MAYBE seven oil changes.

Still doesn't top the $75 bill at the neighboring library. :D

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does it make me the laziest person on SportsJournalists.com? I can handle that.

Draft saved Draft deleted