1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How I Met Your Mother - 10/8 -- Spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cape_Fear, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the episode, Voiceover Ted said something like "I know you think you've heard every story about how I met your mother, but there are some stories you tell, and some you don't."

I guess that could mean he didn't actually tell his kids anything about riding the tricycle, but it could also be a reference to Ted not saying what happened at the very end. Either way, it was weird.

Obviously not a very good episode. In fact, I haven't really liked any of the three episodes this season, which has me a little worried. This one could have been funny, but it was clearly trying to hard to be one of those "catchphrase" episodes. It was as if the writers were hoping college guys would go around for the next few months talking about "riding the tricycle" and "wearing the belt." The only thing that made me laugh was Marshall telling Lily he'd aready ridden the unicycle this morning.

I did like hearing Passenger Side at the end.

I'm convinced that we'll see Trudy again. And we'll get the answer to the mystery of the pineapple. I can't imagine that will hang out there forever.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that at the beginning of the episode, Saget said something like "Some stories are best not told", so I think that we are led to believe that he didn't tell the kids the story. I also thought that told the kids that he didn't see Winnie again after the pineapple incident episode, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I can't see her being the mother, but instead maybe a recurring hook up.

3. Double Down

I thought he said he didn't see Trudy again too, but in the Pineapple Incident episode, he actuallys says, "She never called," which I guess only related to that specific time they were together.

Also, if you think about the fact that he might not be telling his kids the truth, he could have simply been saying he didn't see Trudy because he didn't want to bring up the future gang bang.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My kids are still too young to watch these shows, but I would have been pissed about CBS showing an episode involving a threesome at 8 p.m. on something that most people would consider a family show, one of the few left on TV...

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The only people who would consider HIMYM as a family show would be people who haven't watched it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Granted, with the exception of some animated shows, I don't know if there is a true "family show" left on the four major networks. But How I Met Your Mother is usually pretty tame with the exception of Barney.

I still love the show.

7. Double Down

I think the worst episode of HIMYM is still better than the best episode of 2 1/2 Men.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think they're both excellent.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Should have used the deleted scene.

Don't think Winnie or Busy Phillips are hot.

The Robin shaving with butter was stupid.

Terrible episode.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Finally got around to watching the deleted scene yesterday. Great stuff.

11. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

They did show a shot of the deleted scene at the end of the episode.

12. Double Down

I won't start a new thread, but I thought last night's episode ("Little Boys", 10-15) was a nice rebound from the previous two. It was written by Kourtney Kang, who wrote "Slap Bet" last season.

This exchange got a big laugh out of me:

Robin: Kid's aren't my favorite thing in the world, but I like them.
    Ted: Well, you don't want to have them.
    Robin: I like sports cars, but that doesn't mean I want to push a ferrari through my vagina.
    Barney: Shotgun.

The overall plot was ok, and though I wasn't a huge fan of the tiny Barneys and tiny Teds, this episode was light-years better than "The Third Wheel."

Draft saved Draft deleted