1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How high is your social-consciousness meter (Part II)?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, May 28, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You didn't put the cigarette butts in the dog's shit before putting it in the bottles?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, that's ridiculous.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Wait til your kids start playing sports.

Play the Armen Terzian game.

Makes the games go faster and becomes a parent bonding experience.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm social...I'm currently conscious... yes?

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I just had a nice lunch of snow leopard and spotted owl, roasted over old-growth redwood. Threw my napkins into the river, then started a nice, warm coal fire.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Would have

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That would of been a whole 'nother thread.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Stitch was using the lipstick font

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I tend to the social consciousness whenever it's practical. Obviously, if I'm running on fumes and the only gas station close enough for me to get to without running out of gas and calling AAA is an Exxon or a BP, I'll suck it up and put a little bit of their gas in my tank until I can get somewhere else.

That said, I largely boycott Target nowadays because of their donations to anti-gay politicians. And I used to go to Target at the drop of a hat.

One of the many reasons I love where I work is my company has a perfect score from the HRC on pro-gay rights issues. And my company has donated to the Trevor Project.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I will recycle but sure as hell don't need a guilt trip over it.

You want me to classify trash. And sometimes that requires I get my hands dirtier than I have to.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I don't recycle cans and bottles because it steals jobs from bums.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's funny
    In Ontario, you pay a deposit on all beer, wine and liquor bottles. 10 to 20 cents each.

I was taking some bottles back the other day (total refund was $2.70) and this dude had about 25 totes
    full of bottles and cans. He had counted them all and his refund was like $65.00. Probably a day's work.

He had a bike with a trailer so he was also being environmentally responsible.

Draft saved Draft deleted