1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How has the Internet changed you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She really does that???

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Good timeline, but you forgot one:

Age 13: Masturbate for the first time, not really knowing what to expect. Things are going well until you ejaculate and nearly crap your pants because you think you just broke your boner. For several weeks you keep a close eye on your crotch for any signs of blood or permanent damage and you swear you'll never do that again.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

And another for Age 17: Masturbate as much as you possibly can. Look forward to your parents leaving to go to the grocery store all day long.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That's why I relish a chance to go to a country where my phone doesn't work -- it's really quite liberating. I'll still carry it around as an alarm clock, but it's great not feeling the need to check it constantly.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I visit a Web site every now and then. No biggie

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I watch less TV. Read more online and less in the form of books and magazines. It's also a major part of my job. Don't know what I would be doing if I was working on web editing, content production most days.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I no longer enjoy sunlight.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Would not have met my fiance without it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was going to say, it's really opened up my dating circles. :D

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had just met my wife the week before I first really heard of the Internet.

I had this one professor who was sending us e-mails through the computer lab at the college. Truth be told, we thought he was being a pain because we thought he should just tell us what he wanted to tell us in class.

But then I met my future wife, who was involved in this thing called chat rooms. She typed in the code for me, I started chatting with some people, one of whom was from Argentina. Shocked the heck out of me at the time.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So did you enjoy your time as Mulder on X-files?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

None of you fuckers would enjoy my snark!!!

Met wife.

I get 1000 times more work done in 1/100th of the time.

I can send a message to 30 people in one minute. Imagine sending a message to 30 people in 1995. It would take days or hours on the phone.

I use a website that does hours of math for me in seconds.

My mother can see video of her grand daughter any time she wants.

I send her pictures of her grand daugher any time I want.

I can message anyone at anytime.

Draft saved Draft deleted