1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Happy Are You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

Probably not much of a suprise, but people who live in warm weather places--Hawaii, Florida, are happier than people who live in the cold and pay a lot of taxes--Connecticut, New York.

I wonder what effect the economic downturn would have? Would you trade sunny Florida for a job in Minnesota? I would say you'd have to.
  2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I live about as far north and west as someone can live while still living in "the South." For most of my teenage and college years, I couldn't wait to leave, but I really like it here. The weather is generally really nice, unemployment is low, and the cost of living is insanely cheap for the quality of life. I pay $325 for a small 1/br house (yes, house) that was completely remodeled in the past couple of years. As long as I'm single, I can't see why I would leave. I like where I live and save enough money to take a decent vacation when I want to.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Arrogance is even more blissful.
  5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least three of those states consistent show up consistently at the bottom of many education competence and funding measuring sticks, for what it's worth.
  6. I wonder is Pittsburgh would have been higher on the list if Zag didn't live there. He kind of throws off the curve. :)
  7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Louisiana? Really? Never would've guessed that.
  8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

As long as you aren't a Redskins fan with plenty of liquor, ammunition and a large TV, who wouldn't want to live in Louisiana?
  9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Having lived in both the north and south, I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would live up north once they've visited the south.

And on a personal note, I believe I am happier than many of the posters on the week 15 NFL thread right now.
  10. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I moved South from the North for about a year. I like being around my family in a familiar area better than warm weather so I moved back when I got the chance. Although, I'm from a suburb close to a big city and I moved to a podunk place that was within an hour of a decent sized city where I knew no one. Just like anything, it's all realztive.
  11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When the Saints go back to 3-13, their ranking will tank. :)
  12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted