1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Happy Are You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Probably not much of a suprise, but people who live in warm weather places--Hawaii, Florida, are happier than people who live in the cold and pay a lot of taxes--Connecticut, New York.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20091217/sc_livescience/happieststatesrevealedbynewresearch

I wonder what effect the economic downturn would have? Would you trade sunny Florida for a job in Minnesota? I would say you'd have to.

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I live about as far north and west as someone can live while still living in "the South." For most of my teenage and college years, I couldn't wait to leave, but I really like it here. The weather is generally really nice, unemployment is low, and the cost of living is insanely cheap for the quality of life. I pay $325 for a small 1/br house (yes, house) that was completely remodeled in the past couple of years. As long as I'm single, I can't see why I would leave. I like where I live and save enough money to take a decent vacation when I want to.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Arrogance is even more blissful.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least three of those states consistent show up consistently at the bottom of many education competence and funding measuring sticks, for what it's worth.

6. I wonder is Pittsburgh would have been higher on the list if Zag didn't live there. He kind of throws off the curve. :)

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Louisiana? Really? Never would've guessed that.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

As long as you aren't a Redskins fan with plenty of liquor, ammunition and a large TV, who wouldn't want to live in Louisiana?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Having lived in both the north and south, I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would live up north once they've visited the south.

And on a personal note, I believe I am happier than many of the posters on the week 15 NFL thread right now.

10. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I moved South from the North for about a year. I like being around my family in a familiar area better than warm weather so I moved back when I got the chance. Although, I'm from a suburb close to a big city and I moved to a podunk place that was within an hour of a decent sized city where I knew no one. Just like anything, it's all realztive.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When the Saints go back to 3-13, their ranking will tank. :)

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hey, FUCK ALL YOU GUYS.

/48thPlaceHoosier

Draft saved Draft deleted