1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How ESPN crapped the bed on the Nevin Shapiro story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 29, 2011.

1. So you're saying he's just like Pinch Sulzberger?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm not sure he cares about being either one.

I'm not sure he needs to care. Why should he?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

His record is he clearly doesn't; he has quite the comfort zone in the arena of sling/see what sticks. I would think that as journalists, we'd care to not treat anything he puts out as particulary worth ruminating over.

4. And if he writes a book - we should burn it!

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Depends on if he weighs the same as a duck, or wood.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As someone said on Twitter, Robinson did that damn thang to Whitlock in a radio interview.

http://www.61sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5447549

7. Robinson flat out called Whitlock a coward.

8. Also glad that Robinson addressed the abortion issue. That bothered me but I think Robinson covers it well enough.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whitlock has no soul.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As he should.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Viewing, as I do, that Whitlock is a sanctimonious blowhard and therefore not required reading, I only read him occasionally. So my personal frame of reference in evaluation of this column is admittedly less broad than many of yours. With that disclosure, I'll say this: My biggest problems with it are that for a column it's too long by a factor of about three and him calling Shapiro a congenital liar, which to me indicates that his parents/family are liars, when that's not an established fact. Rip on Shapiro all you want, but to me that's going too far.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the original Robinson story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611

Draft saved Draft deleted