1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How early is too early for Christmas decorations?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Nov 9, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know. Ask Jesus.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Bah humbug. People are decorating in my neighbourhood already. I want to shoot them.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This will be the third Christmas I've lived away from home, and I have yet to have a single decoration in my apartment(s).

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah mike, I own two boxes of beautiful decorations that I have carted around Canada for almost 15 years. They have not seen the light of day since my father died.

5. My wife has already put our tree up. ::) ::) ::)

Today as a matter of fact. No lie.

6. Love me some Junkie.

It also amuses me to think that you probably wrote all this without the need of a calendar. Don't dispute it if you did, just let the legend grow. :D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I have four ornaments: Pictures of my niece and nephew, a baseball and a Mets bear. This is their third state in three years, and they have yet to smell pine.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've already started hearing Christmas music on one of my local radio stations. Granted, they haven't gone to their all-Christmas music, all the time format yet. But it's coming.

In my opinion, they shouldn't start with the Christmas shit until Dec. 1. Then they should take all that shit down on Dec. 26.

9. My wife put up a new clock that chimes minute-long Christmas carols at every hour. ::)

I agree Christmas decorations shouldn't go up until after Thanksgiving, which is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I enjoy it much more than Christmas because the focus is on the family and not the gifts.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think that should be the rule. Anywhere from Black Friday to Dec. 1, I say the lights and wreaths and blow-up Santa dolls are game. Any time before Thanksgiving is for suckers.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have to agree ... and this year, with an "early" Thanksgiving, I'm thinking that may be too early.

12. It's really sad when stores like Target have Christmas decorations on the shelves before they put out any Halloween mechandise.

Draft saved Draft deleted