1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does the NCAA allow this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Dec 27, 2010.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Hey - stop picking on Eastern Michigan. my alma mater (and Hank Scorpio's, too).

Oops, forgot to mention that the women's basketball team is on probation .....

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Danny Woodhead isn't fast enough or big enough.

3. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

So ... Bammer U can pay for upgrades to this particular high school that happens to have SEC-level recruits, but if a Bammer player sells his SEC ring to a student at said high school he's suspended for 4 games? Am I understanding this correctly?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

pretty much yeah...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

JD, when it was over, did he look like this?

[​IMG]

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Easy. The school is allowed to spend money to brbe recruits. Players are never allowed to make any money.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Of course, the women's team is also the most successful winter team right now.

I don't think the men's team has won against a Division I team yet.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Um ... yes!

And minutes later in the postgame presser, he threw Ronnie Prude under the bus for the last play. Allegedly, they exchanged words in the locker room, at which time Prude told him something along the lines of "F--- off, you're not my coach anymore."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm confused, if the school provides the kid money for a blow job, that's bad; but if the school's booster pays the girl to give the recruit a blow job, as long as the recruit thinks that it was her idea, it's OK?

10. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

The upgrades to the field was paid for by the Capital One Bowl. It was not a major upgrade either. They put down rye grass on certain spots of the field, not the entire field.

Also, there were no locker room upgrades either. The only thing Bama has paid for is to have temporary shower facilities installed for the week.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

...and a pipeline funneling cash payments to certain recruit's homes.

[​IMG]

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So then Bama didn't really upgrade anything?

Draft saved Draft deleted