1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does a pizza place...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cape_Fear, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

run out of dough?

I have a Saturday night off for once, so Mrs. Fear bribes me to go to Mass (she's Catholic and I'm not) with dinner afterwards. I pick out a pizza place that has hi-def TVs at every table. I figure I'll watch some games while we eat.

We walk in at 8:10 and are told that the place is closed. They ran out of dough. It's flour and water with a little bit of yeast, how the hell do you run out? At five if you think you might be getting low, mix it up and let it rise. It ain't that hard.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, and why can I never get a baked potato before 4 p.m. What's up with that?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And what about that airline food!

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Probably because they can't afford to buy more flour, the price has doubled for a 50-lb. bag the last couple of months.
    Loaf of bread is like gold.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Should have gone for Mexican.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If you don't have the money coming in, you just can't keep stuff on hand as much as you'd like. Times are tough.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Because they have to put it in the oven when they come in in the morning, and it's not done until then.

"Baked potatoes take forever to cook. Sometimes I'll put a potato in the oven even if I don't want one, because by the time it's done, who knows?"
    --Mitch Hedberg (Hi IJAG!)

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I never found Hedberg very funny, but that joke cracked me up.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Worked at a pizza joint when I was 16. We would do projections for the night's sales before making the dough. But sometimes a busier-than-busy night sneaks up and you're out of dough.

Of course, my math was always the shits anyway.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's like the bar/restaurant I frequent running out of wings on wing night. Oh wait, that's actually happened frequently...

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If it's a chain, a lot of chains don't make their own dough.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They should try lowering the prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted