1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you plan to bring in 2013?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 31, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Rang in the New Year flying a mission. Freezing. Our. Asses. Off.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

closed out '12 in the neighborhood pub which unbeknownst to me was having a black tie themed party. The layout guy and I were decked out in our finest college hoodies and I felt out of place.
    They did pass out champaigne just before midnight so I got to be reminded that I don't like champaigne.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Went to bed feeling like shit, woke up feeling like shit. I still think 2013 will be a better year.

Happy New Year everyone. Now let me go find some drugs and drag my ass into work.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

For a lot of reasons, 2012 really sucked. Or maybe it was just the last month of the year that really sucked. Who knows. But good riddance. I did nothing last night but veg on the couch and watch Jenny McCarthy do whatever the hell she was doing before flipping back to Return of the Jedi on Spike.

Opening 2013 with a trip to the grocery store and a trip to the gym before settling in for some football goodness.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving me some redundant typing. :D

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What? That's fantastic. Congrats!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Went to Million Dollar Quartet:

http://www.milliondollarquartetlive.com/chicago.html

It was great fun. It's in a small theater, and we had front row seats right behind Jerry Lee Lewis.

The cast shared a champaign toast with the audience at the end, and did Auld Lang Syne as an additional encore.

They have a touring version out on the road:

http://www.milliondollarquartetlive.com/tour-info.html

If you ever have a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.

Then we went to BOKA http://www.bokachicago.com/menus.php for a late dinner.

They had a special New Year's Eve tasting menu:

http://www.bokachicago.com/pdfs/Boka_NYE2012.pdf

Dessert, courtesy of the pastry chef's twitter feed:

[​IMG]

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How many hours ahead of Clarksvegas are you over there?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's very cool.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We had a friend over. We cooked crepes (spinach, mushroom, greyere (savory) / chocolate, strawberry (sweet), among other things, and had beer, an Alsatian reisling, and finally sparkling wine. We ran to the roofdeck just after midnight and watched the fireworks over NY harbor. Normally we probably would have done our grandma & grandpa act and been in bed around 10 but since we decided to share the night with a friend we were up past midnight. Our plans to be ice skating by 8 to 9 a.m. went out the window, so now we are being lazy and I am going to just eat, not move my ass today beyond the long walk we took before, and watch as much football as my eyes can take in. Life is pretty grand in 2013, so far.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Stayed up till 3:30 finishing Season 3 of The West Wing on Netflix, then slept till 12:15. Lazing around until I have to log on at 4.

Happy New Year everyone!

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jenny McCarthy and I spent a lot of time together when I was younger. She was naked most of the time and brought me great pleasure. Of course, it was her two-dimensional version.
    Still, those were sad, sad, lonely good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted