1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you imagine other posters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

What I mean is, what do you think they look like based on their posting personality, their avatar, their username, whatever.

For example, I think of Judge Wapner from the People's Court whenever I see spnited on here. Also, I imagined sportschick with long curly hair when I first signed up (her hair, as it turns out, is straight), and The Good Doctor had the oversized head of Hunter S. Thompson on top of a stick figure body.

Someone else thought I had blond hair. My hair hasn't been blond since I was 4 and it started to turn brown.

So how do you imagine the posters you don't know in real life?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

BYH....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good questions.

When I went to the outing in Seattle I was shocked at what people looked like - and somewhat disappointed - just because I had imagined them looking differently.

Oh, and peoples voices freak me out. No one sounds like they should based on what they post. Just ask BYH and slappy.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That kind of looks like the picture I saw of him.

Though I don't recall any rings on his fingers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

There are a lot of dudes on here. That's rather revealing. Not sure if Diabeetus is single, though. Sorry.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, for what it's worth, 'gola, you looked and sounded exactly like I thought you would.

Only louder. And with your hand down your pants. 8)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There are some posters here who like my voice, thank you very much you ignorant hilljack.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I once had somebody tell me I sounded taller on the phone when I met them for the first time.

10. Up until the moment I ever meet him, I will always picture Sam Mills as a large black dude.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'd say that was me, but I'm not sure if I actually met you or not. And if I did, I certainly didn't know your username.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I get that "thought you'd be taller" all the time based on my handle, too, Armchair

Draft saved Draft deleted