1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you dress when you go to bars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 23, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the kind of women you want to meet. I don't care what a man is wearing if he's well groomed. Hell, when I met JR I think he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and sandals. I liked him - his clothing was immaterial.

So, dress up if you want to score provably, demonstrably hotter chicks than JR. :D

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Women seem to care an awful lot about how a man is shod. Being the only guy in a family of females and hearing plenty elsewhere, I know that much.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you plan to drink heavily, wear a vomit-colored shirt. That way if you have an "accident," you don't have to stop with the fun.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Wear something that accentuates your back tattoo.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn. I thought I'd gotten that picture OFF the Internet.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dress for the kind of woman you want to attract.

If you want a down-to-earth, jeans/tshirt kind of girl to shoot pool with, don't go out in a dazzly shirt with fancy jeans. You want a girl in a tight little dress and 5 inch heels, don't do out in shorts.

It's like a job interview...dress for the job you want.*

[*Can't just leave that one on the tee. No reference to hand or blow intended.]

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He dresses like that every time we go to a baseball or football game but he can't pull provably, demonstrably hot chicks with a looser like me hanging around!

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's why I let him go out with you. Duh!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I knew that.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My girlfriend bought me a couple of nice, V-neck sweaters. But they're made to be worn tight. And, if you wear a button down shirt under it, it's almost impossible not to create wrinkles that show through the sweater, ruining the look.

Maybe I need tighter shirts, but as is, I rarely wear them.

I could wear them over a (colored, solid) t-shirt, but don't like how that looks either.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

How come nobody's quoted the lyrics from Monty Python's Lumberjack Song?

Draft saved Draft deleted