1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your paper play the David Beckham signing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It was given big play in my shop. We don't have a passionate fan base for soccer, and my SE loves to crack jokes at the sport's expense but he's smarter than to ignore this obvious meat pitch.

Of course, being a pretty big follower of soccer (Hello, Crass!), I had a little fun with it.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow. You need to take your act and get the fuck out of here, fast. What an unbelievable piece of shit you are. Zero to unbelievably useless in just 20 posts might be a record.

3. It took Yawn far fewer than 20 posts to reach that near-impossible level of twatwaffleness.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Sure, but, maybe the non-political division record?

5. Agreed. Man law?

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Man law!

7. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

we teased it on A1, then had a big feature on second page. thought it was well played for this area, and we had some local crap going on too.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

OK, how's this: you fucking asshat shot, who in the fuck do you think you are coming down on that guy the way he did? all the sonofabitch did was answer the god damned question and then you rip him a new asshole for doing as much. i hope you eat shit and burn in hell you cock bag.

OR, maybe i just misinterpretted the post ... honeslty i'm good with it either way.

ALTHOUGH i do hope you feel better now that it was something other than a pussy little dig.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Tom: He's just mad because it knows it would be right.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ugghm, i hate to break it to you nancy, but you actually have to be a male to vote on man laws.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

HELMETS!

12. You see, Tom tries to come off as a troll but he's just trying to hide the fact that he likes us.

C'mon, Tom. Give us a hug.

Draft saved Draft deleted